Sue Vantine is a Community Case Manager and past Director of 5 Home Care franchise locations. Sue also serves as a Court Appointed Guardian and Conservator for Adult Protective Services in Winchester, Frederick, Clarke, and Fauquier County. She has been in the Senior Healthcare industry for over 30 years and has a passion for serving seniors and their families. As a Certified Dementia Trainer, Sue studied under the expertise of Master Trainer Teepa Snow. From that training, Sue co-developed A Walk in the World of Dementia™ which brings to the industry a unique interactive and hands-on Dementia Training Program. Sue brings a wealth of knowledge to the senior industry, with a focus on Patient Advocacy, Caregiver Burnout, Helping Seniors maintain Dignity and Independence, Dementia Training Techniques for the Caregiver, and Senior Abuse Protection.
A Walk in the World of Dementia ™ is a Certified Dementia Training program designed to teach attendees the stages of dementia(GEMS™) and how to help, and work with, those living with dementia throughout each stage. Each attendee participates in a unique and interactive Virtual Dementia Tour so that they can be empowered with compassion and empathy and better understand what it is like to live with dementia. All attendees learn, and roll play, proven techniques for working with those living with dementia i.e. doing “WITH” rather than “TO".
Nationally Recognized Interactive
Dementia Training Program
Accredited 3.0 CE Provider
Certified Teepa Snow (PAC™) Training Program
Accredited ‘Specialized Dementia Care Provider’ Certificate Program
A Walk in the World of Dementia™ 'EMPOWERS' Caregivers to cope and better understand the world of those living with dementia. We use various teaching and learning styles so that all students comprehend and implement what is taught. Our unique Virtual Dementia Tour is used by Universities, Medical Schools, and Communities all over the world. This is a Must Have Experience for understanding the sensory experiences that may be happening to someone who is living with dementia. This training program is designed to educate and provide tools to be able to deliver 'PATIENT CENTERED CARE'.
A Walk in the World of Dementia™
An Interactive Dementia Training Experience™
Narrative Description of Course:
A Walk in the World of Dementia ™ is a 3-hour course designed to teach attendees the stages of dementia and how to help, and work with, those living with dementia throughout each stage. Each attendee participates in a unique interactive dementia tour so that they can be empowered with compassion and empathy and better understand what it is like to live with dementia. Additionally, all attendees learn and roll play proven techniques for working with those living with dementia i.e. doing “with” rather than “to". The program is accredited for 3.0 CE's for Nurses and Social Workers and is approved as a ‘Specialized Dementia Care Provider’ Certificate Program for all Healthcare Workers.
1. Learn how to apply Positive Physical Approach™ (PPA™) and Hand Under Hand™ (HUH™) in
2. Learn the importance of doing 'WITH', and not 'TO' a person living with dementia
3. Develop observational skills necessary to recognize and address unmet emotional and
4. Learn ways to help the person being cared for feel productive and valued
5. Learn Caregiver Coping Techniques for everyday situations
6. Learn De-escalation Techniques for those living with Dementia.
7. Obtain Compassion and Empathy through Virtual Dementia Tour
8. Obtain 'Proficient' level with fundamental techniques through roll playing
Each attendee will:
1. Be proficient in the Hand under Hand™ (HUH™) technique
2. Be proficient in the Positive Physical Approaches™ (PPA)™ techniques
3. Demonstrate doing "with" versus "to" a person
4. Be able to list 5 Coping Techniques when working with someone living with dementia
5. Be able to list the De-escalation techniques when working with someone living with
6. Be able to List 5 ways the student will change his/her behavior, as a result of this course,
when working with someone living with dementia
7. Demonstrate the 'proficiency' of the learned techniques within this course
*CE's provided by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES)
A Walk in the World of Dementia ™ is a one of a kind, Hands-On, Interactive Dementia Training Program utilizing various teaching and learning styles so that all students comprehend what is learned. This course is a Teepa Snow approved and accredited course. The Trainer is a Certified Dementia Trainer under Master Trainer, Teepa Snow.
Accredited 3.0 CE Program
Approved ‘Specialized Dementia Care Provider’ Certificate Program
Nationally Recognized Dementia Training Program
Sue Vantine, CM
Certified Dementia Trainer/Patient Advocate
Files coming soon.